Adobe has turned up the heat on Australia’s graphic design platform Canva by releasing a new beta version of Adobe Express. The latest version of Express brings Adobe’s popular photo, design, video, document, and generative AI tools into a new all-in-one editor.
Firefly generative AI is now embedded directly into Express workflows, enabling creators at various skill levels to generate images and text effects with simple text prompts to enhance social media posts, posters, flyers, and more. Firefly content is trained on a unique dataset and tagged with Content Credentials, bringing critical trust and transparency to digital content wherever it travels.
Image Matrix Tech sat through a demo of the various creative options and they were fast to render using Firefly. The great news is no one needs a Creative Cloud account to use it. It’s no one desktop, coming soon to mobile.
“The new release of Adobe Express brings together technology from Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and Acrobat with our Firefly generative AI models into a fun and easy web application experience allowing everyone, from individuals to large organisations to create content that stands out,” said David Wadhwani, president, Digital Media Business, Adobe.
“Creators can now make stunning videos, designs and documents faster than ever before and our seamless workflows with our flagship applications give Creative Cloud subscribers even more control over the creative process.”
ADOBE TEAMS WITH GOOGLE
Adobe is partnering with Google to bring Firefly and Express to Bard, Google’s experimental conversational AI service. In the coming months, Firefly will become the premier generative AI partner for Bard, powering and highlighting text-to-image capabilities. With the new Bard by Google integration, users at all skill levels will be able to describe their vision to Bard in their own words to create Firefly generated images directly in Bard, and then modify them using Express to create standout social posts, posters, flyers and more with inspiration from the largest collection of beautiful, high-quality templates and assets.
Additional Innovations in Adobe Express Include:
· New all-in-one editor gives users the ability to make high-impact design elements, engaging video and images, stunning PDFs, animation, and standout content ready for Instagram, TikTok and all their favorite channels and platforms.
· Firefly integrated into Express makes it possible to generate custom images and text effects from just a description, using Text to Image and Text Effects features.
· New video, multiple page templates, and design elements bring even more inspiration to the largest collection of beautiful, high-quality content, now with nearly 200 million assets including video and design templates, royalty-free Adobe Stock images, video and audio assets, almost 22,000 fonts, plus more icons, backgrounds, and shapes.
· PDF support in the new all-in-one editor makes it even easier to import, edit and enhance documents to create visually stunning PDFs.
· More AI-power helps creators to take the guesswork out of design, and quickly find the perfect addition to content or get personalised template recommendations that fit unique styles, to create social media posts, videos, posters, flyers and more.
· Quick actions like remove background in images and videos, animate a character using just audio, convert to GIF, and edit PDFs, makes it even easier to create standout content quickly and simply.
· Integration with Experience Manager Assets streamlines content planning, creation, collaborative review, distribution, and analysis, ultimately accelerating content velocity across an organisation.
· Real time collaboration and seamless review and commenting capabilities add speed to the creation process. Easily access, edit, and work with creative assets from Photoshop and Illustrator directly within Express, or add linked files that always stay in sync across apps.
· Animations like Fade In, Pop, Flicker, Bungee bring text, photos, videos, and assets to life in a new way. With Animate from Audio, powered by Adobe Character Animator, watch characters come to life with lips and gestures syncing to recorded dialogue.