In Sunday’s segment on Sky News Australia (Weekend Edition with Tim Gilbert) we discussed how electric air taxis using eVTOL (Electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing Vehicles) are getting closer to reality with more successful test flights being conducted around the world.
In recent weeks there has been a lot of approvals and test flights that have moved the air taxi timeline along. We could see commercial flights as early as 2024/25 in the United States.
Companies like Joby Aviation and Archer Aviation are well down the track with pilot controlled eVTOLs while Ehang are using autonomous drones.
The goal is to cut down on road traffic – especially on the way to the airport.
DJI’S NEW ACTION CAMERA IS A WORTHY CHALLENGER TO GOPRO
DJI’s latest OSMO Action 4 camera throws down a serious challenge to GoPro’s Hero 11 Black. I was impressed by the larger sensor in the Action 4, colours and battery life.
DJI OSMO ACTION 4 FEATURES
- 1/1.3″ Sensor & Stunning Low-Light
- 10-bit & D-Log M Color Performance
- -20°C Freeze Resistant, 160 minutes* battery operation time
- Deep-Freeze Resistant & Long-Lasting Battery operation time
- Dual Full-Color Touchscreens
- Featured functions
- 4K/120fps & 155º Ultra-Wide FOV
- 360° HorizonSteady
- Waterproof up to 18m without waterproof case, and 60m with waterproof case
- Magnetic Quick Release & Native Vertical Video
- *Measured at room temperature (25°C) and 1080p/24fps (16:9), with RockSteady on, Wi-Fi off and screen off.
- SnapShot Button & Quick Switch Button offers immediate recording and instant mode switching.
- Quick Switching Between Five Custom Modes allows users to save their frequently used custom settings and switch between modes on the fly with the Quick Switch button and voice prompts.
- Voice Prompt informs users of current modes without needing to unmount the camera.
- Voice Control recognises voice commands with a high recognition rate to control the camera when hands are busy.
- Upgraded InvisiStick recognises and digitally hides the selfie stick and eliminates the selfie stick from your shots in a wider range of scenarios.
- Digital Zoom of up to 2x can be adjusted while recording for better image composition.
- DJI Mic Compatibility via the Type-C port, and external mics via 3.5mm to Type-C cable.
OPPO SHAKES UP THE LOCAL PHONE MARKET WITH ITS LATEST DEVICE
The OPPO Reno10 5G is now available in Australia – with a local price of $749. That makes the Reno10 a direct competitor to the Google Pixel 7a – same price.
This gives consumers a tough choice – but it’s great to see the competition at this price point.
The Reno10 5G features a large 64MP 1/2-inch sensor on its Main Camera for even greater image clarity, and also a 32MP IMX709 Telephoto Portrait Camera for an enhanced portrait experience.
With its 2X optical zoom, the camera can be used to take high-resolution photos at a professional 47mm portrait focal length, capturing natural and undistorted portraits with stunning realism. What’s more, the camera’s IMX709 RGBW sensor is capable of gathering more light information,.
Plus 8 MP, f/2.2, 112˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
The 6.7-inch large display features a 120Hz Ultra High Refresh Rate and support for 1 billion colours, creating a more responsive, detailed, and lifelike visual experience.
Featuring 67W SUPERVOOC™ Flash Charge, the Reno10 5G offers rapid charging with the ability to charge the large 5,000mAh battery to 100% in approximately 47 minutes. With the additional support from OPPO’s exclusive Battery Health Engine, the effective battery lifespan of the Reno10 5G can be extended to as many as 1,600 charge and discharge cycles.