In Sunday’s segment on Sky News Australia (Weekend Edition with Tim Gilbert) we gave our audience a first look at Dyson’s new Gen5detect. It’s Dyson’s first cordless vacuum to feature the next-generation motor, spinning at up to 135,000 RPM but it’s also a fully sealed system – and that’s important for our lungs. The machine features a fully sealed, whole-machine HEPA filtration system, engineered to capture 99.99% of particles down to 0.1 microns.
The Gen5detect delivers 262 air watts of suction which beats most cheap plug-in vacuums. Dyson has replaced the laser cleaning head with a new LED beam for increased brightness and range – revealing twice the amount of microscopic dust – so you can see exactly where to clean. Many vacuums have HEPA filters but because they leak air BEFORE getting to the filter, they are absolutely useless. In fact, they do more harm than good. When it comes to vacuums – you get what you pay for. So when it comes to replacing plug-in vacuums, I think we are already there with this model.
MICROSOFT ANNOUNCES NEW SURFACE HARDWARE AND ACCESSORIES
A few months ago I showed you DALL-E 2. You type anything you want to see and the DALL-E 2 would create it. Photo-real art from text .. just incredible. Until a couple of weeks ago you had to apply to use it but that’s all changed. Microsoft announced that DALL-E 2 will be part of Microsoft Designer and soon Bing and Microsoft Edge. AI image generators have exploded in popularity and even the least-creative person will be able to make something stunning with Microsoft Designer.
When it comes to hardware made for Windows 11 we saw several new devices.
· Surface Pro 9 (starting at AUD$1,649) features enhanced camera and audio features, longer battery life and Surface Pro Signature Keyboards in new colours, Sapphire and Forest.
· Surface Laptop 5 (starting at AUD$1,699) is equipped with exceptional picture quality, cinematic sound and enhanced camera experiences, powered by new Windows 11 interactive features. It also comes in a variety of colours great for personalisation: Platinum, Matte Black, Sandstone, and (new this year) Sage.
· Surface Studio 2+ (starting at AUD$7,279)introduces the latest generation of our ultimate studio, with up to 50% faster speed, improved graphics and a sleek, modern finish.
· Microsoft Adaptive Accessories are designed to work together and empower people who have difficulty using a traditional mouse and keyboard.
· Microsoft Audio Dock ($249.99 MSRP) features Omisonic speakers and noise-reducing microphones to improve sound and clarity during your meetings.
· Microsoft Presenter+ ($79.99 MSRP) is the first Microsoft Teams-certified presentation control, allowing you to advance slides, mute/unmute, join meetings and raise your hand.
· Devices are available for pre-order now and available in select markets beginning October 25.
· In preview, Microsoft Designer is a free graphic design app that helps you create stunning designs and graphics. Designer will generate unique-to-you designs and offer personalised recommendations through cutting-edge AI from Microsoft and integrates image-generating AI from DALL-E 2.
· Microsoft Create is a free one-stop-shop website for getting you started with creating videos, graphic designs, documents, presentations and more with templates and tips.
· Clipchamp video editing officially joins the Microsoft 365 family.
· Shopping in Microsoft Edge sidebar uses AI to analyse product information to making shopping easier.
· In preview, Image creator in Bing allows you to create original images leveraging DALL-E 2.
Apple Integrations in Windows 11
· Microsoft is introducing new Apple integrations in Windows 11. Through a new integration with iCloud and the Photos app in Windows 11, you will soon be able to access your iPhone photos and videos on your Windows devices. Apple Music and the Apple TV app are available on Xbox consoles and will launch on Windows next year.
HOW TO GET MORE THAN $1000 TRADE-IN VALUE FOR NEXT IPHONE
If you want to upgrade your iPhone each year – invest in a screen protector like these from ZAGG. The better your phone’s condition, the more you’ll save on trade-in. You can save up to $1105 dollars if you trade-in last year’s 13 Pro Max as long as it’s in good condition. As we said a couple weeks ago, the new iPhones are tougher than ever but they still breakable.
Screen protectors have improved dramatically since the early days. They no longer interfere with touch sensitivity or image clarity. And .. they are easy to apply. No more air pockets! You can even cut sheets for other devices like back of cameras. ZAGG has a great template maker for different types of screens.
When you combine the latest screen protector with the latest case, you’ll be in a great position to get maximum trade-in value.