In Sunday’s segment on Sky News Australia (Weekend Edition with Tim Gilbert) we revealed a massive backlash from users on social media platform X – formerly Twitter. The blow up came after owner Elon Musk announced the blocking feature is set to be axed. It will be kept for direct messages.
Musk said on X, “Block is going to be deleted as a “feature”, except for DMs.”
Even some of Musk’s top supporters aren’t happy. Vocal conservative, actor James Woods, said he would leave the platform if blocking was removed.
Another said, “If the block feature is to be removed, there needs to be zero anonymity on X anymore.”
But that won’t happen. Muting a troll is not enough. As Threads starts to add new features – this is crucial time for X to attract and retain users and advertisers.
So is this an own goal from Elon Musk? We make that call in the segment.
AFTER THE EXCITEMENT MATILDAS AND FOOTY FINALS COMING UP, WHAT DO I RECOMMEND FOR HOME VIEWING OF SPORT?
You need a total solution. That’s a big screen plus big sound. The best way to do that is get matching devices. The LG C3 4K OLED is incredible for movies but even better for sport.
In this segment I show the 77 inch model delivering a stadium-like experience at home. A soundbar with subwoofer is critical to make it work.
In this case I’ve been testing the SC9 soundbar with sub. It really makes you feel like you are at the event. By matching the soundbar with the TV – you get a flawless experience – so go for the same brand.
In this case it’s LG with LG but it could be Samsung and Samsung or Sony and Sony. If you know what you’re doing, then try a third party soundbar but it’s far easier with a modern TV to keep the brand the same.
You’ll also need to make visual changes for sport. Under clarity settings, switch of cinematic and use smooth motion for a more realistic experience.
The LG interface is also sport friendly. The TV can keep you up to date with the latest news on your favourite team. In this case the Roosters.
IF YOU LOVE WITH MUSIC WITH A LOT OF BASS .. YOU ‘VE FOUND THE IDEAL HEADPHONES?
Skullcandy announced the release of their all-new Crusher ANC 2 Headphones – and they are officially insane. They take the bass experience to a new level. Skullcandy call it Adjustable Sensory Bass. Skullcandy’s patented bass technology is ‘Music You Can Feel’.
And it’s true.
By adjusting the wheel on the headset you can dial in the amount of bass. It actually thumps on your head. I’ve never experienced a pair of headphones like it.
It also comes with these features:
- Up to 60 Hours of Battery Life (ANC off) –And up to 50 hours of battery life with ANC turned on
- Rapid Charge –10 minutes of charging gives you up to 4 hours of playtime
- Adjustable 4-Mic Active Noise Cancelling – Actively monitors the surrounding environment to filter out external noise, maintaining a crisp audio quality
- Skull-iQ Smart Feature Technology®–Issue simple, hands-free voice commands to take calls, change tracks, adjust volume, turn on and adjust Stay-Aware Mode, activate your device’s assistant, launch Spotify Tap, Take Photo and more
- Multi-Assistants Feature – Enable additional hands-free voice services, including “Alexa”, to connect directly to your favourite brands
- Over-the-Air Updates – Update headphones via the Skull-iQ App to add new features for enhanced functionality and to extend the life of the headphones
- Personal Sound – Tune your audio experience to your unique hearing ability by taking a real-time audio test to create a Personal Sound Profile for optimised audio levels
- Multipoint Pairing – Seamlessly pair to multiple devices at once, regardless of platform or manufacturer
- Clear Voice Smart Mic –Experience a reduction in background noise to ensure calls are crystal clear
- Preset & Custom EQ Modes – Choose one of the preset EQ modes or create your own custom EQ
- Customisable Button Functions – Personalise your headphones by customising your on-board button controls
- Auto On/Connect – Enjoy automatic connection and pairing with the last device used
Built-In Tile Finding Technology – If headphone is misplaced, simply “ring” it from the Tile app